Monday, October 25, 2010

Here we go!

Oh my!  Let's cut right to the chase and tell you that I found out THIS morning that we need to be in the DRC early next week.  I figured it would work that when it finally did happen, we wouldn't have much notice.  That's exactly what has happened!  Hopefully in a week, I'll have Caleb in my arms letting him know how we've waited for him and how much his forever family loves him!

In the meantime, I have A LOT to do to get ready.  My sister-in-law (who just got back home to Hawaii on Saturday) will fly out tomorrow morning to come to PA so we can travel together.  I'll be picking her up in Harrisburg and we will head to the Embassy in D.C. to get our visas rushed so that we can leave on the weekend.  If our visas are not processed, we will not be able to leave.  PRAY that this process goes smoothly.  I have plenty of stuff to do at home and don't want to be in D.C. until the time we fly out.  I'm looking forward to the fall parties at school with the kids on Friday and am so hoping we will be home for these.
So, today, I woke up not knowing that I'd receive THE email.  I started my day at Walmart at 5:00 this morning so that we could host the girls soccer team for their pre-playoff carb party.  I'm not sure what happened, but these girl are WOUND up!  Check out the photos.  All I did was provide a meal and a little music and they've gone crazy!!!




Not all the pictures uploaded, but trust me, folks - this was one fun night!  One thing I love about being a mom is getting to know our kids' friends and providing a fun place for them to gather. 

Thank you, Girls, for making me laugh all evening!  Take good care of my daughters while I'm gone!

So, now the fun is over and tomorrow I get REAL serious about packing and leaving for the DRC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment