Thursday, October 21, 2010

Decision Made!

After a lot of research and prayer, we've decide that Caleb needs to come home!

Now -  that's a lot easier said than done if you haven't figured that out!  We are kinda caught in the middle of some recent changes made to the DRC adoption process.  If we follow these changes through to the end, we don't know when we'd get to bring Caleb home.  On the flip side, when the end arrives, there wouldn't be much to do in the DRC and our trip to pick up Caleb would be short and sweet.  However, since we don't see an end in sight (seems like it could add at least another couple of months to the process).  we've decided to be a little more proactive, which we feel could bring Caleb home by the end of the year!  Woohoo!  The bad part of this is that the stay in the DRC will be MUCH longer. 

We've opted for me (Hope) to travel as soon as possible (we're waiting for ANOTHER Embassy appointment date - hopefully it will be within a month) and to follow the paperwork through to the end.  We are being told to expect this to take a minimum of THREE (yes - that's right - THREE!!!) weeks. 

Ok, so for those of you know me, you're all thinking what a wimp I am.  And, you're right!  I don't know how I'll manage being away from George and the other kids for that length of time. I'm already homesick for them.  :(  And, I look over my shoulder in MILLVILLEto make sure I'm safe!  Can you imagine me in the DRC?  Not to mention the critters.....I may have killed a mouse of two (some of you OR friends may know what I'm talking about!!!), but I'm afraid of bugs and mice and....rats....yuk!

So, I may not know how I'll manage, but I know that I will.  And, I'll have my sister-in-law (who's much braver than I am - right, Vickie??!) with me.  We'll be picking up not only Caleb, but my niece as well!  Can't wait to meet them!  We should have our children with us very soon after we get there and will have lots of bonding time while we're shuffling around Kinshasa doing paperwork.

I'm counting on you all to be praying for us!  Please pray that our stay is NOT three weeks or four weeks (7 days would be nice- and I believe in miracles!!).  Pray that our Embassy appointment is SOON  - I am so over waiting!  Pray that our paperwork is in order and processes smoothly and quickly.  Pray that our airfare won't be outrageously expensive.  Pray for our safety.  And, please pray that Caleb and his cousin are healthy and that they adapt to their new mommies, daddies and siblings quickly.   Pray that someday they will realize how much they were loved and wanted even before they were home with their forever families.

Gotta run - soccer tonight (again) :).  Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment