Friday, May 7, 2010

Good News...and Waiting

I know we've been pretty silent on this blog the last couple of weeks. There was some talk about adoptions jeopardized because of things that were said on blogs and so many adoption blogs went private. We were in "reflection" mode, so it was a good time to be silent.

Since I last blogged, we've mailed our I600a to Immigrations and received our fingerprinting appointment for May 11. Don't know how long it will take to get approval after the appointment. Some states are coming through in a week or two, some seem to take much longer. Have no idea how PA will be.

We've also received a referral of a little girl - YEAH!!! She's seven and a half months old. We're cautiously optimistic as we have no other information (no photo, medical info, etc.). I've been waiting to post until we had more information, but it's been slow coming. With each day, we wonder whether or not this is real. Is the information we need to bring this little girl into our family really going to come? I'm assured it is, so we continue to wait - checking email every ten - well, maybe every five - minutes...How do people survive without their Blackberry phones?

One of my new friends has encouraged me to just rest....to rest in Christ and find full joy in His presence. So hard to do! Today's a new day, so I'm going to keep trying. I'm going to use this waiting time to do the "important things".

Just got back from a walk and I already have a perfect song "stuck in my head" for the day.

While I'm Waiting by John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

Happy Friday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment